The temples of Ankgor Wat, Cambodia (3 days, 2 nights)
The temple city of Angkor Wat is one of the nine wonders of the world, UNESCO World Heritage site, and probably the most impressive sight in Southeast Asia. The temple was built in the 12th century in honour of the Hindu God Vishnu, and testifies to the size and architectural superiority of the former Khmer Empire. The District includes beside the Angkor Wat 60 different temples covering an area of several square kilometers. After wars with the neighbouring Siamese, the temple city was abandoned, overgrown by the jungle, and again set free only in the 20th century.
- Angkor Wat, the undoubtedly greatest and best-known Temple of the region
- The Bayon temple with hundreds of towering rock faces
- The TA Prohm temples with walls that overgrown by gigantic tree roots are (known from the movie Tomb Raider)
- Many other smaller temples of the Temple district
- Visit of the floating villages in Tonle SAP, the large freshwater lake in Cambodia